Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Stuff for a New Year



The obvious news is that I've been a bit distracted from this blog.  The better news is that I've been building a following at my poetry blog and have been crocheting while I write.  I also finally caved in to a life long desire to learn to make jewelry.  I've only created a few rings so far, but I look forward to making many more beautiful things.

Sales this Christmas came from unexpected places, which was nice because my two longest running wholesale customers didn't order a thing.  Despite all that and an only mildly fruitful craft fair in Santa Ynez, I found a way to make a profit.  The best advice I can give you from my experiences this winter is that the more you make your products available, the more often you will sell.  Friends came by my house and others shopped the selection I stocked in the back of my car despite having to sheild themselves from a winter storm to do so.  Another friend put in a good word for me at Santa Barbara Winery and I sold a very respectable amount of candles there.  Right now they are considering adding my soap and/or lotion to the shelves as well.  Keep your fingers crossed!

I hope you like my newest creations.  They are calling me now...  gotta go play!  I hope you're having a great day!



Technorati Tags:
, , , , ,

No comments: