Monday, November 8, 2010

Let the Holiday Shopping Begin!!! :o)

It has been a busy month of poetry writing, crocheting and candle making at my house. 

I sold my first batch of candles through my enthusiastic friend in Bakersfield.  They wanted more Red Currant, Pumpkin Spice, Green Tea, and (by special request) Lavender.  I was able to squeeze in the time for four candle sessions in 5 days to send their order the following weekend.  If you are in that area and would like to see my samples, send me an email and I'll let you know where you can find them.


The other good news of the month is that one of the candle samples I sent out in October has turned into an order.  Homemade by Hoyt pillar candles are now available at the Santa Barbara Winery tasting room in downtown Santa Barbara.  I discovered about a year ago how yummy their wines are and have been dropping in for a visit every few months since then.  (I highly recommend it as a Saturday or Sunday leisure outing.)  It probably helps that I have a friend that works there, both for getting me to visit and for getting my products on the shelf.  But, you get it, right?!  I'm willing to drink as much wine as it takes to sell my candles.  Haha.


The final good news of the month is that I was contacted about being included in the holiday shopping guide for Child Style Magazine.  I'm not really sure when it is coming out or where to see it, but... they thought my Frappuccino candle was pretty nifty.  I hope they can send me some holiday customers!  My website could use the advertising help.

No comments: