Saturday, January 30, 2010

Procrastination and Frustration

Nearly two weeks have passed since my last post and very little has been accomplished. I've been burning tea light after tea light in my old christmas candles... thoroughly enjoying the vanilla smell but not getting rid of much wax. Thus, I am no closer to beginning my project of determining the best way to clean the candle jars for reuse or recycling. I did, however, begin testing a particular apple juice jar candle to make sure it would burn correctly. It burned great for the first 6 or so hours, then it went out due to the pool of wax drenching the flame.

In the morning I had the "brilliant" idea to attempt to pour off the excess wax to create a votive while ensuring that the apple juice candle would continue to burn as well. As you can see below, the results were not that pretty... the flame had blackened the wax. So, sadly I am back to square one. But I love this jar so much that I have to make one more attempt. Perhaps if I don't fill the jar so full originally it will burn better.


Thankfully for me, there was a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I am currently making an order of candles for Midnight Sun. Below are the first two batches. The gray & red candles are Dragon's Blood scented - like new age resin, dragon's blood is a wonderful oriental blend of orange, rose, and carnation with a hint of patchouli and creamy vanilla. In the multi colored brown candles I am bringing back an old favorite, Tea Time - a spicy blend of citrus bergamot, peppercorn, cloves and more.


The full order of candles should arrive at Midnight Sun by Tuesday at the latest...

1 comment:

larissa said...

lovely candles! how do i order one?